Compare Book printing quotations very carefully. Quotations are not equal!
Book printing quotations are honest and complete. That is the way Star Print Brokers likes to do business. Make sure that all of the materials and bindings are comparable, if you are comparing book printing quotes. Delivery terms and insurance are key. How will your books arrive?
Compare — is the delivery to door in the quote, or a separate cost — and is the paper weight the same? How about the binding? Call us to talk about your book printing quotations!
The fine print needs to be read in book printing quotations
Star Print Brokers produces top quality books using printer partners we’re using for years now. That is, after an initial and careful vetting process. We stand behind the books we produce. Thus, we cannot afford to work with printers when we do not have total confidence in them, because we need a history of problem free projects.
- All of our projects include a full set of high-quality proofs in book printing quotations.
- Make sure the quantities are the same when comparing quotes. Printing more books means a lower unit cost.
- Make sure that paper, cover wrap, and dust jacket are of comparable weights and finishes.
- Imitation cloth is not the same as genuine cloth. There are many different types of cloth and other cover wrap materials.
- Head and tail bands should be bound on the spine of hardcover books.
Also consider this …
- For soft cover books, simple perfect binding is not enough for every project. If your books have spreads, or need to lay flat, we have other options such as sewn soft cover binding or PUR perfect binding that offers superior strength and performance.
- We pack every book project into custom made cartons that fit your particular book. Our carton weight maxes out at under 40 pounds, and they usually weigh less. Those custom made double wall cartons are put on pallets with secure shrink wrapping.
- Our shipping terms are DDP (Delivery Duty Paid) which means that all foreseeable costs are in, and we also insure delivery to the door. Beware of FOB, CIF or Ex-factory terms that can leave you with extra costs, tasks and / or worries.
Read the conditions and terms for any quotations. A prospective client of ours was given a lower quote elsewhere.
- But, the client would have to sign-off on use of poor quality inks.
- There was no insurance for the books when leaving the printing facility to the arrival at the door. We watch out for our clients, so these kinds of problems don’t surprise you!
This is by no means an exhaustive list. Do not be misled by what looks to be a rock bottom price. As with most things — if it looks too good to be true — it probably is just that. All book printing quotations are not equal.