Book Design Services are optional.
Get book design services or ask us about simple layout for interior text pages. Great book design can mean increased sales … it is that important. Books should be designed with Adobe InDesign. InDesign is not easy to learn quickly, even if you have experience with other software.
Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are quite useful for brochures, but are a challenge when building an entire book. Look for designers who have designed books before. Books can be a challenge for even the most experience designer. It is not the same as creating a brochure.
Great book design can mean increased sales … it is that important. We offer book design for books we print, if design is needed. We also work with authors and designers.
We offer Professional Book Design Services, that are Reasonably Priced
We understand the importance of professional graphic design as well as high-quality book printing.
- Book layout including use of correct title page, copyright page, page placement (recto versus verso), page numbering, indexing, acknowledgements, table of contents, foreword, and preface.
- Color reproduction as it appears on a monitor versus color booth, digital proof, press proof or printed signature.
- Cover design that sells the book.
- Interior text page design that is appealing to the reader.
- Process color versus spot color and when they are used, and how it affects the printing quote.
- CMYK mode versus RGB and when to use either.
- File formats and which is best for book printing versus monitor viewing.
- Resolution and why we can’t use your 1 inch x 1 inch 300 pixels per inch photo on a full-page.
- Typography and why a quick read on typefaces is not a substitute for knowledge and experience specifically with typography.
- Color theory and how to incorporate it successfully into a quality book.
- Indexing is best when expertly done by a professional indexer.
We will provide guidance to prepare files properly for prepress, but cannot provide step-by-step training in InDesign or Photoshop. A simply styled novel can be provided to us in a PDF made from Microsoft Word.
However, if you are doing a photography book or any book with high-quality photography, you will want to use a professional book designer. You need a cover that sells in addition to well-designed text pages. Graphic designers that routinely do production work for brochures, sell sheets, and the like, often are not far enough down the learning curve to design an entire book. Please consider using us to design as well as print your book.
Book design services:
Star Book Design Services
In-house, mid-range cost book design. We also have many years of experience and do wonderful work and professional book design is quite affordable. See some sample book design pricing.
Why use Star Print Brokers for Book Design?
Because we provide great book design services, and have solutions to fit all budgets. If you are designing a book yourself, or using your own designer, please see our Prepress Guide.