Book Publication including childrens books.
Book publication, even childrens books, requires authors to give us some idea of specifications before we send out sample(s). Authors want samples to evaluate quality, and we need your specs in order to give you a cost estimate or firm quote.
It’s not that we’re stingy! You see, we don’t print cheap looking or poorly bound books. Children’s books especially, need to be as durable as possible. We order a few copies of each book printing on press, to provide samples for our prospective clients.
Re-printing just for samples is not an option as we maintain our high-quality standards. Single copy books that print on demand are proudly not offered here. We like authors to have an idea of an approximate budget for printing high-quality books on press, before we send out samples.
After you have a ballpark quote which give you an approximate cost for book publication, let us know how to proceed. Then, we send you a sample book(s) so you can see the fine quality of our work. As you can well imagine, we get many requests for samples.
We won’t have salespeople bother you, by calling or emailing constantly. We respect our clients and their time. Call us when you are ready for book publication.
The first steps in book publication.
Most important in book publication are the specifications for quantity, dimensions, page count, and whether it is a hardcover or soft cover book. The city or zip code for delivery is important, as we include delivery to the door in most quotes. Childrens books may not need all the luxurious options of a coffee table book. We’ll give you guidance.
Suggestions for high-quality specifications for book publication:
Since we have so many options, our suggestions largely depend of your preferences and budget for a high-quality book. We can always re-quote as you add or subtract options.
- Hardcover binding is the first choice for coffee table books, photography books, art books, and childrens books.
- 11.8″ x 11.8″. The maximum width is 11.8″, but we can provide a greater or lesser length.
- Cover wrap. Select either a cloth cover wrap with a foil stamp or blind stamp for the title and author, or the least costly cover wrap is a printing the cover. A tip-in image on a cloth cover is a nice option.
- 150 gsm matte coated stock for quality books, (101 lb text).
- The minimum quantity is 1,000 copies of a hardcover, or 2,000 for a soft cover book. The more you print, the lower the book unit cost. The minimum for board childrens books is 1,000.
- Spot gloss varnish on each photo or illustration would be a very nice extra. This treatment makes just the image glossy on the matte finish paper stock.
- A dust jacket, or better yet, a French fold dust jacket would be lovely, but optional.
- Other options are adding a slip case, a vellum sheet, or a bumper box.
- We can even manufacture CDs and DVDs and affix or package them with the book.
- Some photographers and artists order wall calendars. They are as low as $2 per unit cost when ordered with book printing.
We work with you to create or provide options for book publication. This is truly book manufacturing with custom options, which is great for coffee table books and childrens books.
We have more information for self-publishers.
Links you may use for book publication, including childrens books … and all styles and genre of books …
Gallery of Book Options at Star Print Brokers
ISBN and Barcode. Either ISBN.org or Star Print Brokers can sell a single ISBN and barcode, as we are agents of ISBN.
Resources at Star Print Brokers
Your Process at Star Print Brokers