Hardback book printing to amaze self-publishers.
Hardback book printing is frequently requested by clients for their books that include full color images of their photography or paintings. The artist may also be looking for someone to do the hardcover layout. We can please even the pickiest self-publishers!
We try to advise clients of any potential file problems, such as poor resolution, improper layout.
Hardback book printing extraordinaire.
Print on-demand printers don’t cut it. Self-publishers simply cannot get the kind of quality that we offer. That means:
- High-quality hardback book printing on press, not on what amounts to high-end copiers
- Superior paper stock and cover wrap materials
- Excellent book binding. The binding depends on your hardcover or soft cover book, the page count, paper thickness, and how the book will be used.
We work with full color images all the time.
Plus, we print coffee table books as well as offering hardback book printing. Part of our staff’s career experience includes working in color houses, back in the days when color separations were needed to print on press. They truly understand color from the ground up. Here are a few points to consider about printing process color and our services:
- We advise clients of any potential file problems, such as poor resolution, improper layout. Although, we cannot guarantee that we will find issues your file preparations, or that of your designer, we often do find problems.
- A full set of physical color proofs is provided and one round is included in all our quotes. We can even do press proofs, but it is seldom needed and quite pricey. Artists, photographers, and gallery owners may especially be interested in press proofs. They are often not needed, after the client sees our proof set. Note: a press proof means setting up the entire book on press, printing off one copy, and then cleaning up the press for the next job. While it is easier and less costly to get a press proof when you go to the printing facility, the cost to print the book in the USA is much higher. Star Print Brokers prints high-quality books overseas.
- Follow our tutorials to check for cover wrap fit. There is lots of help on our website. Check the tutorials. They will make hardback book printing run more smoothly!
Hardback process color design and layout for hardback book printing.
- We convert images, if needed, to CMYK from RGB. Sometimes color will look a little different after converting. we can explain when and why that happens so the author has realistic expectations.
- If we are doing the design work versus another designer, we also make sure photos and images are in the correct profiles for the printer, the press, and the paper stock to be used.
- When we set-up InDesign files, the inks are set-up properly in the swatches as process or spot and taken from the correct Pantone library for that particular book. Incidentally, we have the complete physical Pantone library.
- We can discuss how ink or images will print in spot color versus process color. Again, it helps to keep the client aware and have realistic expectations.
- We design and print books for art galleries where color is of the utmost importance in representing and selling a work of art is paramount.
And at Amazon …
As far as Amazon goes, the self-publisher should do this him or herself. They simply open an author account. We have more information about this in other articles on our website. Go to the search bar in the footer and type “Amazon”. The keywords the author uses should tie in with any keywords that are set-up for promotional work, like SEO for articles and posts.
We always caution that the printing quality is vastly different at Amazon. Our quality is always first-rate, plus we offer many custom printing options that are hard to find anywhere else. The cost per copy is much lower at SPB, and we have higher quality. This is because we print high-quality books on real printing presses. Our minimum quantities are 1,000 hardcover or 2,000 soft cover books.
Not only do we do hardback book printing (hardcover) but we also print softcover books. We have other book bindings too, like Wire-O books that can be concealed, semi-concealed on the spine or back cover. If you wish the spine can be open on a Wire-O book.
But, hardback book printing is so much more at Star Print Brokers. Explore our site to find more options, or just call us!
Each title is unique. Your book is special. That is why we don’t have a pricing list. The best thing to do is to get a quote for hardback book printing, and continue the discussion with our staff!