Mead Tasting Cookbook and Awards — A Book We Designed!
Up for Prestigious Awards
It is also being considered for a James Beard Award at this writing (semifinalists will be announced today, February 15, 2018)!
Designed and Printed at Star Print Brokers
This leads us to Chrissie Manion Zaerpoor’s giveaway offer. Before we tell you about this freebie offer, we are so proud to tell you that Nancy Starkman (that’s me) of Star Print Brokers designed the book. Chrissie, the author, brought a general idea of what she wanted, to get the project started. We changed the fonts, created several new formatted style sheets for particular pages to fit into, designed the endpapers, and gave her a general cover layout. Chrissie had the cover refined further by another designer that she works with. See the book in our Showcase.
Now you can earn your own free, autographed copy by sharing your best mead cocktail recipe and photograph!
The Art of Mead Tasting and Food Pairing is the ONLY consumer guide to mead. Think of it as Wine Spectator for mead. It’s a beautiful full-color, hardcover book with 432 pages, 440 photographs, more than 60 food recipes and mead cocktail recipes. It has more than 60 sidebars about meaderies, meads, and meadmakers, plus distilled mead spirits, and mead vinegars, and a sidebar on mead and cheese pairings.
What is mead? How do I serve it? Do you have recipes? Are there other kinds of mead? Where can I buy mead? Are there bars that specialize in meads? Is mead a good cocktail mixer? All meads are sweet, right, so is mead only for dessert? (Hint: NOT.)
To get your free copy of The Art of Mead Tasting and Food Pairing:
- Create a delicious and timeless mead cocktail using your favorite mead.
- Take a high-resolution photo of your cocktail, along with the bottle of the mead that you used to create it.
- Not all meads are available everywhere, so please include a brief description of the flavor profile of the mead you used.
- Copy and paste this paragraph along with your entry: I acknowledge that submitting my recipe and photo gives Chrissie Manion Zaerpoor full ownership to use the recipe and photo in social media and in any future publication including third-party magazines or a future book. I understand that the recipe will be credited to my name and that I will be named as the photographer, but that no other compensation beyond the free autographed copy of The Art of Mead Tasting and Food Pairing.
- Email the recipe and photos, along with the sentence above, plus your name and mailing address for the book to ship to, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All five steps must be complete to get your free book! Offer is open to everyone.
Also, you can buy a copy of The Art of Mead Tasting and Food Pairing at MeadandFood.com.