Increase sales of books with Professional Book Design.
Great book design can mean that you increase sales of books … it is that important
Books should be designed with Adobe InDesign or Quark XPress and both are for advanced graphic designers. Neither are easy to learn quickly, even if you have experience with other software. InDesign is now the first choice in book design. Quark is seldom supported in the industry. Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator are quite useful for brochures, but are a challenge when building an entire book …
We understand the importance of good book design to increase sales of books
- Book layout including use of correct title page, copyright page, page placement (recto versus verso), page numbering, indexing, acknowledgements, table of contents, foreword, and preface.
- Color reproduction as it appears on a monitor versus color booth, digital proof, press proof or printed signature.
- Cover design that sells the book.
- Interior text page design that is appealing to the reader.
- Process color versus spot color and when they are used, and how id affects the printing quote.
- CMYK mode versus RGB and when to use either.
- File formats and which is best for book printing versus monitor viewing.
- Resolution and why we can’t use your 1 inch x 1 inch 300 pixels per inch photo on a full page.
- Typography and why a quick read on typefaces is not a substitute for knowledge and experience specifically with typography.
- Color theory and how to incorporate it successfully into a quality book.
- Indexing is best when expertly done by a professional indexer.
Increase sales of books with professional book design
- We will provide guidance to prepare files properly for prepress, but cannot provide step-by-step training in book graphic design or use of InDesign, Quark or Photoshop.
- A simple novel can be provided to us in a PDF made from Microsoft Word. However, if you are doing a photography book or any book with high-quality photography, you will want to use a professional book designer. Coffee table book and color book printing; we have it covered!
- You need a cover that sells in addition to well-designed text pages. Graphic designers that routinely do production work for brochures, sell sheets, and the like, often are not far enough down the learning curve to design an entire book.
It needs to be a priority to increase sales of books. Please consider using SPB to design as well as print your book. The goal to keep in mind the beauty of a book. To increase sales of books is important, so the book must be well-designed.