Book self-publishing is booming. Can you make more profit?
You can greatly profit from book self-publishing. Are you as an author making your maximum profit? Self-publishing authors often overlook a key factor.
Use your own ISBN.
Often, authors are paying an on-demand service to print, and use an ISBN that the service provides. Then, they are paid only royalties, and are not keeping all their profit. Simply, authors can make more profit. Are authors getting the most out of self-publishing?
Publishing on-demand does serve a real purpose — but it comes at a price — lost profit.
Authors may be sacrificing not only the quality of the book for on-demand publishing, but also losing their full profit. Consider why on-demand book printing seems so cheap.
- Printing: Toner on paper. Printing a few books at a time. The books print out from a digital output device, somewhat like a copier. It is outputting toner on paper, not ink on paper. As a result, wipe a moist finger across the page, and it smears. Is that the quality you want, and this is how you want to be seen by the world?
- Profit: Royalty payments. If an author is being paid only royalties, the publisher or on-demand service, is collecting the rest. That is how they make money. If they provide the ISBN, they are the publisher of your book.
- Distribution: For sale on Amazon, and on lists for brick and mortar bookstores to select for purchase. But, the average self-publishing book has a hard time getting into physical bookstores.
- Marketing: DYI authors may or may not be able to get free marketing from a publisher or on-demand service. There is a limit to what a publisher will spend on marketing, and authors are expected to market their book too.
- Cost versus profit: Making enough profit to be worthwhile. Authors only have to print a few books at a time.
As an author, how much profit do you make per copy?
How authors can make more profit self-publishing.
Consider why book self-publishing with us will greatly increase your profit per copy:
Printing – ink on paper.
The professional way to print books and make more profit, is to print books on sheet-fed offset commercial printing presses … never on web presses either. We use the best, most experienced, low-cost, high-quality book printers in Asia. Not all book printers print the same quality. Not all printers stand behind their work, although they always say they do. We have your back! We’ve been in business since 1999, based in Bellevue WA, and you will pay no more for our service.
Profit – authors keep their full profit.
Publish with an ISBN you own, and not from a publisher or on-demand service. Be the publisher and make more profit with book self-publishing.
Distribution – for sale on Amazon.
Because of keywords and categories, an author’s book can be found more readily when the public is searching on Amazon. The important fact is that Amazon has millions of people searching books at any given moment. They may not be searching for your title, but they are likely searching for content and specific keywords.If you use a on-demand service, do you actually get your book into brick-and-mortar bookstores, or just have access to those bookstores? We have a secret for you. If you have your own ISBN and barcode, you have access to brick-and-mortar bookstores. You are in the database already.
Since authors are expected to market when engaging in on-demand book self publishing, why not print the book, and keep all the profit? Authors have to provide the same marketing efforts for on-demand books and books printed on press.
Cost versus profit.
Authors have to print 1,000 hardcover books or 2,000 soft cover books. Get a book self-publishing quote today. Authors will make more per copy. Ask us about book self-publishing using our professional services.